The DDA Coordinator will provide staff support to the Edmore Downtown Development Authority Board and executes the goals of the DDA. The DDA coordinator will report to the DDA Director but will be expected to perform most duties independently. A main function of this job will be the coordination of events and the managing of a robust rental business at the Edmore Marketplace which often occurs outside of regular business hours.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties and Functions (not exhaustive of all responsibilities)
- General clerical tasks such as office organization, filing, mailings, etc
- Manages and tracks façade grant and loan applications and communicates with applicants and ensures all applications are properly submitted.
- Maintains available properties listing and downtown business database
- Works with webmaster to maintain DDA website and social media
- Serves as secretary to the DDA Board. Plans agenda and attends all DDA Board meetings
- Ensures general maintenance of the Edmore Marketplace and manages building rentals. This includes meeting with potential renters afterhours.
- Provides staff support for the DDA board
- Connects downtown businesses with helpful resources and organizations
- Attends after hours and weekend events in support of the DDA as needed
- Works on advertising and promotional materials for the Edmore Marketplace, and other DDA sanctioned events.
- Coordinates and markets events including Halloween Trunk or Treat and Christmas in the Village. Coordinates volunteers and committees associated with the events.
- Strives to maintain communication and coordination with other organizations with overlapping interests such as the Potato Festival Committee and Arts Council Revised: June 2021
- Develops and oversees special projects of the Downtown Development Authority
- Works to expand the rental business and uses of the Edmore Marketplace through marketing.
Education & Endorsements
- High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree in business management, marketing, or public administration preferred.
- Ability to use computers, copy machine, scanner and other basic office equipment.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in organizational management is required.
- Knowledge and/or experience of DDAs preferred.
- Experience with conference/event rentals and management preferred.
- Experience with grant writing preferred.
• Ability to work independently and strong interpersonal skills required. Must maintain a professional presence at all times.
Employee regularly works in a business office setting and is regularly required to communicate in person and by telephone and be mobile within the office setting. The employee frequently is required to use manual dexterity to type and enter data. Employee must regularly lift or move light and moderate weight items to maintain files, office systems, and equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.