The Village of Edmore
Edmore is a village in Montcalm County of the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2010 census, the village population was 1,201.
Edmore was founded and platted by Edwin B. Moore, a real estate man, in 1878, and named with a contraction of his name. A post office was established on July 22, 1878 with Abraham West as the first postmaster. Its station on the Detroit, Lansing and Northern Railroad was called “Edmore Junction”. It was incorporated as a village in 1879 with Moore as its first president.
The Edmore post office, with ZIP code 48829, serves most of Home Township as well as portions of Belvidere Township to the west, Douglass Township to the southwest, Day Township to the south, Ferris Township to the southeast, and Rolland Township to the north in Isabella County.