Due to the storms on September 7th the DPW will be conducting brush chipping throughout the day on September 9th and 10th. If you have down tree branches, that are 8” or smaller, please pull them to the road for the DPW to chip.
COVID-19 VACCINATION CLINIC
IF YOU ARE 18 OR OLDER:
JOIN US AT GREAT LAKES MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, PC
FRIDAY, APRIL 9, 2021
3:00 PM-6:00 PM
1021 E Main St Edmore, MI 48829
Please bring: Your insurance card and Driver’s License
Please wear a short sleeve shirt and leave all personal belongings in your vehicle
Please call to book your spot: 989-304-0357
The Village’s bi-annual community cleanups will now take place on a Saturday. The next Spring Cleanup will take place on May 8th, 2021. Please have all of your items out to the curb by 7:30 am on Saturday morning.
WASTE ACCEPTANCE GUIDELINES:
The following prohibited wastes cannot be accepted under any condition or from any source:
• Hazardous or toxic waste as defined by local, state or federal laws or regulations (Hazardous wastes are materials that are ignitable, corrosive, reactive or toxic, as well as listed wastes such as pesticides, herbicides, solvents and their containers.)
• Hazardous waste containers/labels
• Explosives, ammunition and firearms
• Low-level radioactive waste and radioactive labeled containers (including but not limited to TENORM)
• PCBs or materials containing PCBs (including, but not limited to, ballasts and transformers)
• Lead acid batteries
• Liquid wastes (or free liquids)
• Sewage and septic waste
• Oil-based paint
• Used oil
• Hot ashes (including but not limited to cigarette paraphernalia, hot coals and/or wood)
• Materials that adversely affect the liner of leachate system
Conditionally Prohibited Wastes: The following conditionally prohibited wastes can be accepted if the specific conditions indicated are met:
• Appliances containing Freon (Freon must be removed by a qualified person and have a certificate of removal)
• Asbestos (requires proper packaging and handling)
• Empty drums (must be clean and crushed)
• Medical waste (decontaminated or packaged as required)
• Whole motor vehicle tires (must be cut in half)
• Yard clippings or yard waste (diseased or invasive)
Special Wastes: The following special wastes can be accepted if the specific conditions indicated are met:
• Latex or acrylic household paint (must be in non-liquid form)
• Oil filters (must be drained for 24 hours)
The Mid-Michigan District Health Department will be hosting a community clinic to provide COVID 19 vaccine for Edmore and Cedar Lake residents. If you are aged 60 or over and live in Edmore area zip code of 48829 or Cedar Lake 48812, you can contact The Village Office at (989) 427-5641 during business hours to schedule an appointment.
If you voted in the General Election on November 3rd, please read this entire post.
During election day at the Home Township voting precinct a mix-up with some ballots occurred. Since all of the residents of Home Township and the Village of Edmore vote in the same precinct there are two ballots that are handed out. One ballot has all of the National, State, County, and Township races which is given to residents who live in Home Township. The other ballot has all of the National, State, County, Township, and Village races on it, which is given to residents who live in the Village of Edmore. On the morning of November 3rd, 11 Edmore residents were given Township ballots, and 4 Township residents were given Village ballots.
On the Village ballot there were 4 races: 1 for Village President and 3 for Village Council Trustee. Two of these races were won by a small enough margin that the mixed up ballots could have changed the outcome of those elections. Therefore, the legal remedy to address this mixup is to hold a special election. Only those 4 Village Council races will be on the special election ballot. This special election has no bearing on the outcome of any of the National, State, County, or Township races that were on the ballot this year.
Today, November 13th, every resident in Edmore, who voted in the general election, will receive a new special election ballot mailed to their home. If you did not vote in the general election you will not receive a new special election ballot. Once you have your ballot you can then re-vote for the positions of Village President, and for 3 Village Council Trustee seats. Once you have voted you must return your ballot to the Home Township Office (1251 E. Howard City – Edmore Rd.) by 4pm on Friday November 20th. To ensure that your ballot gets there in time the Clerk is asking voters to drop off their ballot, rather than returning it by mail. There is a 24 hour drop box on the front door of the building which you can use to return your ballot at any time. If you have any questions at all about this special election please call the Home Township Clerk at (989) 427 – 3092 of the Village of Edmore office at (989) 427 – 5641.